This is such a good way of using up your turkey carcass and leftover scraps from your Christmas meal. It is so easy and quick to make and is a delicious winter warming soup. Perfect as a starter or a quick lunch.
For the stock
- Turkey carcass
- 3 sticks of celery, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, halved
- 1 inch of ginger, sliced
- 2 litres of water
For the Soup
- 2 tablespoon of Nonya Secrets Red curry mix
- 200g of cooked turkey meat, shredded
- 100g button mushroom
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- A few sprigs fresh coriander leaves
Serves 3 – 4
Combine all the ingredients for the stock in a pot and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30-40 minutes, skimming when necessary. When ready strain the broth through a colander and discard the carcass and vegetables. Return to the pan and keep hot.
Mix in all the ingredients for the soup into the broth and adjust seasoning to taste.
When ready to serve garnish with fresh coriander leaves