Sweet and Sour pork is a well known and much loved classic Chinese dish that appears on almost every Chinese restaurant menu. True to their Chinese heritage, The Nonyas are very fond of pork dishes which would inevitably be included in most family meals and celebratory dinners.
Far less ingredients would be required and a speedier process comes from using Nonya Secrets Chilli and Ginger sauce
- 100g of the Nonya Secrets Chilli and Ginger Sauce
- 100g Fresh pineapple pieces or tinned
- 30g Tomato ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 450g Pork tenderloin, cut into thin slices
- 2 Tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of ground white pepper
- 50g Cornflour, for dusting
- 2 Cups of vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 Stalks of spring onions or a few sprigs of coriander leaves
- Sliced red and green chillies
Marinade the sliced pork pieces in 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper for 20-30 minutes.
Make the sauce by combining Nonya Secrets Chilli and Ginger Sauce with the pineapple chunks, tomato ketchup and rice vinegar and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to a low simmer and set aside.
Dust the marinated pork slices in cornflour and deep fry in small batches in hot oil until golden and crispy. Transfer to a kitchen towel to drain off excess oil.
When ready to serve, add the fried pork slices to the sauce until well combined and transfer onto a serving platter.
Garnish with spring onions and/or red and green sliced chillies or coriander leaves.
It is delicious served with steamed jasmine rice.