Our Spicy Peanut Sauce is a family recipe with fresh herbs and spices including lemongrass and galangal.
Traditionally it is served as a dipping sauce for Satay but can also be used as a salad dressing for the Malay salad, Gado Gado.
- 1 Jar of Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 Small white cabbage, shredded and blanched in hot water for a minute and drained
- 1 Handful of beansprouts, blanched in hot water for 30 seconds
- 1 Cucumber, pith removed and cut into julienne strips
- 2 Carrots, grated
- 2 Hard-boiled eggs, cut into segments
- 4 New potatoes, boiled and cut in half
- 50g Fine green beans, blanched in hot water for 2 minutes and drained
To use as a dipping sauce, dilute with equal amounts of cold water and mix. Heat the diluted sauce in a saucepan on medium heat until hot.
Arrange the salad in a large platter and pour the hot Spicy Peanut Sauce over it.
Alternatively, put the Spicy Peanut Sauce in a bowl and serve alongside the salad platter.