Here’s another super easy way of cooking root vegetables. Use sweet potatoes and parsnips as they make a good combination for tray bakes. You could also substitute with other root vegetables such as beetroot, salsify, butternut squash or carrots to ring the changes.
- 1 jar of Nonya Secrets Chilli and Ginger sauce
- 4 small parsnips (weighing about 500g) leave the skin on
- 2 sweet potatoes (weighing about 500g) peeled
- 300g plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 stalk spring onion, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 190 C/Gas Mark 5. Cut the parsnips and sweet potatoes into segments lengthwise, approximately 6 cm x 2 cm. Scatter the cut vegetables into a baking tray along with the tomatoes. Spoon the Chilli and Ginger sauce and water over the vegetables and mix well. Put the tray into the preheated oven and roast for about 40 minutes until the root vegetables are soft. Transfer onto serving dish when ready to serve and sprinkle with chopped spring onions.