Green curry is the most classic of all the Thai curries and the most familiar item on a Thai restaurant menu. The paste is made from fresh green chillies sharpened with lemongrass, galangal and kaffir lime zest. The characteristic seasoning is usually very hot but my version of this popular curry is mild.
- 3 Tablespoons of Green Curry Mix
- 1 Aubergine, cut into 2” chunks and deep fried until lightly browned at the edges
- 2 Courgettes, sliced into 2 cm thick slices and deep fried until lightly browned at the edges
- 100g Butternut squash, cut into 2” chunks
- 100g Sweet potato, cut into 2” chunks
- 200ml Coconut milk
- ½ Fresh red chilli
- 1 Lime leaf
Prepare the vegetables as instructed. Combine the vegetables, coconut milk and Green Curry Mix and bring to the boil in a saucepan.
Stir and reduce to a simmer for 5-10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
When ready to serve, transfer to a serving dish and garnish with sliced red chillies and shredded lime leaves.